Friday, March 21, 2014

Sweaters & blankets

As winter seems to finally be coming to a close, I'm getting closer and closer to finishing Paper Thistles. This weekend looks promising for completing the neck and a portion of the sleeves. I don't know if I'll get a chance to wear it before next winter, but I'm not worried about it.

I have made some progress on the Universal Love blanket, too. Whenever I have to sit somewhere (like waiting rooms), I will do a few rows and smile. It's nearly too big to bring places, but I don't mind. Just seeing all the bright colors makes me happy. I still have quite a way to go before I need to make a decision about the next row of color. I do know that there will be a section of black squares to separate the center "pinwheel" from the rest, but that's about as far as I've gotten in terms of planning.

There are tiny buds of ideas beginning to grow in my mind lately. The cloak that was just a whisper, the coat that will be scenery, the socks that will bloom... there are so many ideas! I am looking forward to working on them all, even though I don't know how they will turn out.

For now, I'm going to plan on a relaxed weekend with Brianna and my knitting and I am hoping to show a little more progress soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment