Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Planning...

As some of you know,  I made a sweater earlier this year for a friend. The whole time I was knitting it, I kept thinking that I wanted one for myself, too. That prompted the idea that I will plan one for my OWL for the upcoming term (for those who don't know, I'm talking about the Harry Potter Knit/Crochet House Cup group on Ravelry, where we have class "assignments" and lots of fun). I am pretty sure I have enough yarn for what I'd like to do and will be gathering all of my supplies so that I can start as soon as the OWL approval comes through.

My sweater will have long sleeves and thistles instead of daisies, but essentially it will look pretty close to this one.

On the shop front, I woke this morning with the idea to make striping yarn for each of the Houses. I think it will be so much fun to see what folks create with those yarns! And, I might be able to get them into the shop before the new term starts.

I'm also playing along with the Nerd Wars group. I'm on the Mythology team and so far everyone has been very cool. I made a small dragon sachet for one of the challenges as a way to practice the different ways of holding yarn while doing colorwork and discovered that I will need to remember to stagger the stitches so that it doesn't look like it has ridges.

I like how it turned out and I'm looking forward to getting a few more things completed so I can finish up the month with a smile.

I haven't been spinning for a long, long time. Silly, right? I have this gorgeous, hand-painted spinning wheel and it's got dust on it. Part of that was the craziness that exploded into my life this year. But I'm looking forward to sitting down and getting to know this wheel again. I have some lovely fibers to play with and I think they'd make lovely yarn.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to get to that very soon. Maybe one gift to myself will be treating myself to an afternoon of spinning, music, and coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment