Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Term, New Projects



New classes are up! My OWL was approved! I'm in 2 teams for major coolness! Can you tell I'm excited about all of this?

The yarn in the picture above is for my OWL. I'm designing a sweater that will fit me in a few months. Crazy? Perhaps, but I am certainly determined to fit into it, even though it's going to be several sizes smaller than what I am right now. Cables, angora, and blue, how much more awesome can it be?

I'm making socks for Kevin this term. Maybe even two pairs, but I'm not sure. I have some Sock String from Younger Yarn and two skeins are going to these socks. Whatever is left over may become a third pair in stripes or something. We'll see.

I'm also going to be doing all kinds of spinning on the wheel. What will I do with all the yarn? I'm not sure yet. Sell it, maybe? Whatever I do, it will be really nice to use my wheel regularly.

Also, this term I feel a lot better about using my shop dyeing for the classes. You see, in Quidditch, there is a path that is specifically for things like that! No kidding! Cartomancy is what it's called and I'll be signing up for it in a few minutes. I did have a bit of a hang up using my shop stuff for assignments because... well, it was for the shop! But with the prompts that actually say "intended to stock a shop" it's pretty hard to resist.

I'll also be able to use the baby blankets! That will also be pretty darn cool.

Okay, enough typing, time to get back into the game. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment