Saturday, April 23, 2011

Quiet Morning

It's already 64 degrees (I'm ignoring tomorrow's forecast) and the sun is trying to shine through the clouds.At one point I will be able to sit outside and work on my socks, infusing them with some of the Spring energy flowing through the air & earth. I may even finish them before the end of the weekend which would be awesome. I love my hand-knit socks and am looking forward to a drawer filled with lots of colors.

I keep forgetting that this is Easter weekend so when people wish me a Happy Easter I'm a little surprised by it all. Oddly enough, Brianna and I both decided to skip the egg coloring this year simply because we don't eat them. Anthony always ate all them in sandwiches or straight from the fridge. I suppose we could have given them to the animals, but they are all indoor animals. Think about it. Still, it's nice to know that everyone else is planning the egg hunts and pretty basket and all that other wonderful stuff.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new classes will be about in the HPKCHC group in nine days (yes, I'm counting them down). I still do not have an OWL proposal ready to go, but I should be able to get it fully prepared before the term even starts, although we are normally asked to wait a couple days before submission. I'm not sure how many classes I'll be working on, but as long as a pair of socks fits into the chaos somewhere, I'm good to go. (Yes, I realize that anyone who isn't familiar with this group may not know what I'm referring to, but a lot of my friends know and are just as crazy as I am.) ☺

My next pair of socks will be Rhombus and I"m still undecided about the yarn choice.  I have several really nice colors and I just might put them in a box, give it a little shake, and have my eyes closed when I pull one out. Silly, perhaps, but I love all the colors on my shelf and this particular pattern doesn't need to be mostly solid to show off the stitches.

Oh! I just saw a video this morning that is part of a video blog that Peter Jackson has put together. Yes, he's begun the filming of the Hobbit and yes, I'm planning to watch it in the theater.  I may even have to knit something special to wear when I do go. What's that? Of course I realize that it won't be out for a couple years, but a woman needs to plan ahead, don't you know.

Anyway, it's time to get a late breakfast together. I'm hoping to spend some time outdoors. I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment