Friday, April 22, 2011

Working out some kinks

So, I am thinking that I'd like to use this blog after all. I haven't used in a couple years, so none of the old stuff was relevant. Today, we start anew... sort of. On the side you will see random pictures from my little camera as well as some of the stuff from my Etsy shop. I hope they bring a smile to your day.

I'm going to post one of my ramblings from my other blog as a way to tie them together.

Seventh Year
I'm nearly finished with another pair of socks. 


This will be my fourth pair so far this year. I'm aiming for thirteen pairs buy New Year's Eve, and I'm pretty sure I can do it, maybe even more than that if I can get my schedule more organized. I finished Lunar Solstice, and it's currently being test-knitted to check for typos and errors and I even have one woman writing out the instructions for the chart, which will make it even more marketable. I may have to knit the smallest size myself since there don't seem to be any knitters willing to do the extra small, but it won't be that big of a deal, especially if I can gift it to someone. And I have another idea for designing: silk stockings in lace yarn. Yep, I'm pretty sure I'm crazy, but think about how amazing they would be when I was finished with them!

Many of you know that I've been playing along with a group on Ravelry called the Harry Potter Knit/Crochet House Cup. This "term" I will be considered a seventh year. Yes, I think that is beyond cool, and yes, I will continue to play. Why? Because it's a great bunch of folks who cheer each other on, inspire each other to try new techniques, help each other when we get stuck, craft for charities, laugh with each other and even light candles & say prayers for each other. We all come from various parts of the world, have different income levels, have unique lifestyles, are every age, and are all awesome in one way or another.

On another note, I shipped out my twelfth club shipment today. Isn't that fabulous? For a year I've been part of a magnificent creation filled with love and laughter and so much enchantment, and there really are no words to describe how very blessed I feel about it all. I would call most of these women my friends and would gladly welcome them into my home if they were ever in this area.


Okay, now it's time to get to work on my shop update. I hope you're all having a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment