Monday, May 16, 2011

OWL Progresss



This weekend I was able to knit for a while at the library and made a bit of progress with my Falling Rain Shawl. So far I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out and am looking forward to reaching the 50% mark. Every 4 repeats of the waves, I shift the chart over a little so the waves are staggered. This randomizes the waves a little, creating more of a "rain against the window" outcome. I've also marked the chart to stagger the bead placement, making them look even more random.



The socks are coming along slowly, but I figure with a couple evenings' worth of work, I should be able to get to the heels of at least one pair.

Also, I have a scarf that I'm working on. This is a special pattern that isn't mine, but it's for a surprise for some folks (hint, hint). I'm using a beautiful yarn from Younger Yarns. This one is called Pride and reminds me of the showy peacock feathers so the pattern works perfectly.
Now I need to head back to the pots and check on how this week's yarn is coming along. I hope you're all having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment